We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, analytical and driven individual to join our team as a Senior Researcher.
We are an independent research charity that works closely with people and organisations that are striving for social change. From very small, grassroots organisations that directly support the most vulnerable in their local communities, to those that work nationally – across the voluntary, public and funding sectors. We use research to support and strengthen practice – developing responses to live challenges and providing the evidence and insights needed to adapt to change and make informed and confident decisions.
This exciting and diverse role will suit someone with a track-record in research, an entrepreneurial mind-set and a passion for ensuring that research is useful and usable. The successful candidate will join a small, vibrant team of nine core staff, seven trustees and a network of 15 highly experienced associates and advisors, all of whom have worked in and around the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector as volunteers, paid staff, leaders, trustees, teachers and researchers.
The postholder will:
- Lead and participate in a wide variety of research project teams on all aspects of research – qualitative and quantitative
- Initiate and develop new work
- Represent the organisation externally and build networks
- Generate communications content and contribute to the dissemination of learning within the voluntary sector, funding and public sectors
- Design and manage the implementation of a range of data collection methodologies
- Adopt an area of expertise (methodological or thematic) within the organisation
- Contribute to IVAR’s research practice and strategic development
The post is available on a fixed-term 12 month contract, in the first instance.
Location:Exton Street, London, SE1 8UE (Waterloo)
Salary:£35,000-£41,000, dependent upon experience
Contract:Fixed term (initial 12-month period)
Leave:30 days per annum
Pension:Workplace Pension scheme operated by the Pensions Trust; employee contribution matched by employer up to 5%
Closing date:Midday, Tuesday 29 May
Interviews:Monday 11 June, IVAR offices
Possible start date:As soon as possible
To apply please send your CVanda covering letter (max two sides A4) explaining why you are applying, how you meet the person specification, and what in particular you would bring to IVAR.
Please include full details of your current position and remuneration (if applicable) and the names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee without your approval.
Please also complete the Equal Opportunities Form.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Back to results
Comments are closed.